Friday, December 14, 2012

I thought I was going to die – Stabbed singer


According to Punch

Tiwa Bankole, the singer who was allegedly stabbed by her landlord’s son, Tobi Obadina, has said she thought she was going to die.

According to her, Tobi constantly harasses tenants and gets away with it.

“When he was stabbing me, I started bleeding profusely and I thought I was going to die,” she said.


Bankole, who spoke with our correspondent on her hospital bed at Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos on Thursday, said she did nothing to warrant the attack.

“Tobi said no one could arrest him and nothing would happen to him. Because his father is a retired police officer and his stepmother, a policewoman, he always gets away with his misdeeds,” she said.

Bankole, who goes by the pseudonym, T Banks, described her assailant, Tobi, as a hot-tempered boy, who had on many occasions assaulted tenants at their 20 Yusuf Street home.

She said she had reported the 23-year-old boy to his father on many occasions but the landlord always ignored her.

She said, “I’ve been living in the house since 2005 with my brothers. Although the landlord lives in the same building with us, Tobi does not. He was one of my younger brothers’ friend and even used to come to our room. Some months ago, I wanted to use the toilet but Tobi blocked my way, threatening to beat me.

“After a brief argument, neighbours advised me to enter my room and ignore him which I did. I reported the matter to my dad who later reported the matter to the landlord.

“The landlord told my dad that Tobi had not been to the house in three years and that I was lying. The landlord even insinuated that Tobi and I were having a relationship.

“There is no way I could have a relationship with Tobi because I’m about 10 years older than him. My father however advised me to stay away from the boy. I have been avoiding him but he continued to cause trouble in the neighbourhood,” Bankole said.

The singer said on the day she was brutally stabbed by Tobi, she was going to fetch water in the compound when he accosted her and started cursing her.

She said she ignored him but it seemed Tobi’s attitude further infuriated him.

Bankole alleged that Tobi followed her into her room where he stabbed her and her younger brother, Olaniyi, repeatedly.

She said, “Tobi insulted me, saying that he was going to get married soon while I am still a spinster at my age. He hit me in the back and an argument ensued. My younger brother however pulled me back into the house but Tobi continued to curse us. We cursed him also and this infuriated him.

“He poured a bucket of water into our room through the window and he later broke the louvres. He threatened to deal with us. In the evening, he barged into our room with a broken tumbler and said since we had refused to come out and face him, he would kill us.

“I was able to push him to the ground as he attempted to stab my brother in the back. He stabbed my brother in the hands but he (my brother) was able to escape. As I was left alone with Tobi, he stabbed me repeatedly in the neck, hands and other parts of my body.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that another neighbour, Sola Ajayi, who intervened, was also stabbed in the process.

Tobi’s father, Ebenezer Obadina, however, dissociated himself from the incident.

He said he had warned his son to turn a new leaf and had done his best as a father.

According to him, he was sleeping when the incident occurred and did not even know that Tobi was on the premises.

“I am 76 years old and Tobi is my last child. I’ve been advising him to change his ways but he never listens. I had no hand in what happened and in fact, I was the one that got him arrested after the incident,” he said.

Tobi, it was learnt, is still being detained at Gowon Police Division.

34 comments:

  1. So the brother escaped leaving her, after she tried to save him. Shame. Thank God for both their lives though, this Tobi is obviously possessed. This can't be normal behaviour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brother was right to run out supposedly to get help. What good is it if they both stayed in the room to be stabbed to death?

      Delete
  2. The brother escaped ke?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abeg dey should kip dat little rascal in jail 4 a very loooong time. He deserves 2 b der. Thank God 4 sparing her life. Oma Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her brother escaped and left her there? Wonders. Thank God she didn't die anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dat Tobi shoul rotten in jail wallahi...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is her brother smiling though, like he posed for the picture...Anyways, they are both lucky to be alive, they should findd alternative accommodation asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol........is that not how people turn celebrities.....by appearing in the news? He's posing for the picture now...

      Delete
    2. Its not easy now. They r finally getting attention. Granting interviews n all

      Delete
  7. I knew some fool was goin to say dat. Look at d scenario carefully. Both of them were helpless at dat time. A Yoruba adage says if u and your child are caught in fire, u save urself first before ur child. Dats just d case here. He probably ran out to get help somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pakistani Beauty14 December, 2012 11:15

    Ok o...so from this story naw this babe has clearly revealed to us that she is 33 yrs old (Tobi is 23, she is 10 yrs older than him). I'm just pointing it out on time naw so that next year when her music blows, she no go come give us football age of 25 becos she looks very young and can very easily pass for a young twenty-somtin year old. But she don carry her hand reveal her real age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are such a fool...is that what the story is about

      Delete
    2. Lmao! Pakistani u r on point! U be sharp ghel

      Delete
    3. He or she is picking up what's important to him/her

      Delete
    4. This shouldn't be funny given the circumstances but Buhahahahahaha.

      Delete
    5. Hahaha commenters won't kill me on Ladun's blog

      Delete
  9. If my hand fit touch dis foolish boy cald tobi, no home trainn at all, just curse nusians, pls tobi should be takn to court and jailed

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's d problem with face me I face u apartment! I pray tiwa hit it big very soon so that she cld get her self and family a decent accommodation !

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank God for her life a beg
    meanwhile she looks so pretty sans makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess , she does look pretty without makeup and far younger than her age.

      Delete
  12. pakistani beauty u such a fool..wat does age got to do wif d situation at hand..dummy..is dat all u've got to tell her..foolish pakistani ugly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why are you abusing Paki? Its he age that jumped at me too. At 33 and still a budding star?? Sister go and look for another job and like Tobi pointed out, try marry!!! And anyone that abuses me, May it all return to you IJN!

      Delete
  13. i'm so much interested in that girl, i think i like her even with the injury, any got a link to her? i need her contact abeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chibuzor oleeeee! U wan knack the girl jibiti join the condition she dey abii! Some broses are wicked sha...loll

      Delete
  14. dis is so sad n for dose sayin d broda ran n left her......he might av ran out to get help......n i hope dat tobi gets wat he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nne I wish u speedy recovery. God is ur strength. As for dat Tobeast, I will deal wit him cos he is a car fool for fighting a woman

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chibuzor she stays in iyana ipaja ,read d news above n u can locate her hos,make una marry abeg I go buy aso-ebi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me sef go boy Chi-boy

      Delete
  17. Thank God for her life

    ReplyDelete
  18. All over the world the bastard sons and daughters of current and ex-police officers are scums. They think they are above the law. In the UK, they get away with a lot of crime and nothing is done about it. Awon omo ale jati jati!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chibuzor u wan scam the babe?
    The one wey you do Don Isaac and Gbolade Paul never do you?
    [url]http://www.nairaland.com/1120449/scam-alert-chibuzor-eze-scam[/url]

    ReplyDelete